Thanks for visiting our website. Please read carefully the information in this document as it describes the V4Design project policy regarding the processing of personal data.
V4Design owns the https://v4design.eu/website
V4Design project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research & innovation programme under grant agreement No 779962. V4Design aims to to: (1) re-use textual and visual content by enabling its efficient collection from content providers and crawling from public web resources; (2) re-purpose of content by developing novel approaches for 3D reconstruction and modelling, buildings and objects localization, aesthetics and style extraction, generation of 3D objects enhanced with semantics and explanatory text descriptions and finally (3) deploy innovative architecture, design and VR game authoring applications.
This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you visit our websites. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information. We take your privacy extremely seriously, and we never sell lists or email addresses.
This statement, set forth below, is our privacy statement. Here we describe the practices we follow to respect the privacy of all visitors to our website.
In this statement “Personal Information” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify you or a Subscriber, directly or indirectly, including, but not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation or other demographic information.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
Registration is not required for you to use our website.
However, there may be circumstances in which you choose to register / sign up and receive ongoing updates from V4Design. In these cases, V4Design may contact registrants to invite them to special events, provide them with information about our services and solutions, publications or for other promotion/dissemination and marketing purposes.
Information We Collect
- Information you voluntarily provide to us:
- register/sign up for our newsletter, via website,
- contact us using our contact form, from our website,
- send us an email,
- download files from our website,
- surveys via our website (survey participants may be asked for personal information (name, contact information, etc., in addition to opinions or feedback),
- communicate with us in any way,
you are voluntarily giving us information that we collect. That information may include details about your organisation/ institution, place, contact name, role in your institution, e-mail.
The personal data that you provide in the contact form is only used for answering your query and is deleted after the end of the project duration (January 2021). Data which is required in the contact form is name and e-mail address. If your query requires the expertise of a specific partner, your data will be transferred to the respective project member. Your data is not transmitted to external parties.
- Information we collect automatically:
When you browse our website, we may collect information about your visit to our website, your usage of the services and your web browsing.
That information may include your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, your browsing activity and other information about how you interacted with our Website.
When someone visits www.V4Design.eu, we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
- Special categories of personal data
V4Design does not intentionally collect any special categories of personal data (sensitive personal information) via our website. Sensitive personal information includes: information revealing racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade-union membership; the processing of genetic or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person; information concerning health; information concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation; and in some cases, social security numbers or financial information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/devices you are using.
- To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To send you information about V4Design project evolution, results and outcomes in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Data of registrants will be stored until the end of the project.
V4Design may only disclose your personal information outside of V4Design:
- When explicitly requested by you, the site visitor;
- As required by a court order or any other legal or regulatory requirement.
Your rights. Controlling your personal information
Below you can find a briefly description of your rights according to the new regulation. For more details please visit www.eugdpr.org
- Right of access – you have the right to obtain a confirmation from our side if we are processing or not your personal data, and if we are, to offer you access to this data and how we are using them.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to receive the personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller.
- Right to object – you have the right to object, on grounds relating your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data.
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) – you have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of your personal data without undue delay and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, the data subject withdraws consent on which the processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for the processing; the data subject objects to the processing; the personal data have been unlawfully processed; the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation; the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services.
- Right to restriction of processing – you have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies: the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data; the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead; the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; the data subject has objected to processing pursuant pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
V4Design does not collect or compile personal information obtained by our website for dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
You are legally entitled to request details of the personal information we are holding about you. V4Design provides you the ability to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date.
If at any time you would like V4Design to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal information, or you would like to obtain confirmation whether or not your personal information is processed by V4Design, access your personal information, exercise your right to data portability or withdraw your consent to processing, please contact us.
Please be aware that https://v4design.eu sometimes contains links to other sites that are not governed by this privacy statement. Visitors to our website may be directed to third-party sites for more information, such as about events, vendor services, government entities, non-profits, and social networks.
V4Design makes no representations or warranties regarding how your information is stored or used on third-party servers. We recommend that you review the privacy statement of each third-party site linked from our website to determine their use of your personal information.
This website, https://v4design.eu is not intended for use by children. We understand the importance of protecting children’s information, especially in an online environment, and we do not knowingly collect or maintain information about children.
The website of the EU-funded project V4Design integrates links to various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, among others. The website does not integrate data such as the “Like” button; instead, the links are meant exclusively to connect to the project’s external presence on the respective platform. No data relevant to data protection is saved.
When you visit our website, “session cookies” are filed and stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files that serve to make Internet offerings more user friendly, more effective and more secure. Our legitimate interest in data processing under Section 6 subsection 1 οf GDPR lies in these purposes. Cookies do not cause any damage to your computer, nor do they contain any viruses. Session cookies are usually deleted automatically after you leave our website. You have the option of deactivating the saving of cookies by adjusting your browser’s settings. Please note that if you deactivate cookies you may not be able to use the full scope of all the functions on our website.
How to contact us?