V4Design project is providing the following four datasets that enable researchers to train classification models for four different visual analysis tasks. Each dataset contains images along with ground truth annotations relevant to the respective task. The images on these datasets were collected using the V4Design Crawling tools, while the annotations were provided from the user partners of the project’s consortium using the VGG and a dedicated annotation tool developed in the framework of the project.
|#||Dataset Name||Description||Number of annotations||Source of images|
|1||V4D_Aesthetics||Dataset with painting images that are labeled according to their creator and styles.||3045||Europeana Foundation|
|2||V4D_Emotions||Dataset created for the emotion recognition task. It contains paintings, each one of which is linked with tags that show the emotions it evokes. Annotations from multiple persons may exist for each image.||6872||Europeana Foundation|
|3||V4D_Styles||Dataset with images depicting buildings, along with annotations of architectural styles (e.g. Baroque, Romanesque etc.).||9037||Europeana Foundation, Flickr, Wikidata|
|4||V4D_Facades||Dataset with accurately annotated masks from building façades including buildings of various architectural styles presented from several viewing angles.||250||Europeana Foundation, Flickr, Wikidata|
In order to provide you part of the V4Design datasets you have to follow the following steps:
- not share this data with anyone else
- not attempt to identify any of the individuals
- Choose which datasets you are going to need in your research.
- Prepare a title and a short description (abstract) of your project.
- Send us an email (based on the following template) using your institution’s email. In order to grant you access to the data we need it to contain the template statements.
- Contact email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Before you apply:
- Be as specific as possible about why you want each data table.
- In the case of undergraduate and postgraduate students, you should ask your supervisor to complete the form below, and mention you as a supervisee. We cannot collaborate with researchers who do not have a full-time academic contract.
- If you intend to ask for an alternative collaboration agreement from the default one, explain why you think this is appropriate.
I would like to become a registered collaborator of the V4Design project to pursue the following research:
(INCLUDE THE TITLE AND A SHORT ABSTRACT OF YOUR RESEARCH).
I require access to the following datasets:
(LIST THE TABLES YOU INTEND TO USE FROM THE DOWNLOAD SECTION).
I am planning to use the following variables:
(LIST THE VARIABLES YOU INTEND TO USE AND TELL US HOW DO YOU PLAN DO ANALYSE THEM).
I also agree that V4Design can include my name, my position, my institution, and the title of my research topic on its public Web page and other documents. If I cease work on V4Design data, then this collaboration will be listed with an ending date.
I agree that there will be a reference to: Avgerinakis, K., Meditskos, G., Derdaele, J., Mille, S., Shekhawat, Y., Fraguada, L., Lopez, E., Wuyts, J., Tellios, A., Riegas, S., Wachtmeister, J., Doczy, K., Vos, V., Heise, N., Piesk, J., Vergauwen, M., Wanner, L., Vrochidis, S. & Kompatsiaris, I. (2018, October). V4design for enhancing architecture and video game creation. In 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality Adjunct (ISMAR-Adjunct) (pp. 305-309). IEEE. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8699213
Your Name / Position / Institution